Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sound/welcome notification?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wheel Inventor
    replied
    Testing with the Kubuntu CI



    Seems to work. At here the sound is played during the KDE splash.

    Leave a comment:


  • Qqmike
    replied
    Thanks for following this issue.

    Leave a comment:


  • LinkBot
    replied
    I would say...

    I would say plasma 5.4 - the 5.3 branch doesn't have it: https://projects.kde.org/projects/kd...v=Plasma%2F5.3




    5.3: https://projects.kde.org/projects/kd...v=Plasma%2F5.3

    Master: https://projects.kde.org/projects/kd...er/startup.cpp






    KDE Schedules: https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules
    --> Plasma 5 Schedules: https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
    Last edited by LinkBot; May 18, 2015, 05:33 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mparillo
    replied
    Is there a way to look at the bug and tell in which version of Plasma the fix will land?

    Leave a comment:


  • LinkBot
    replied
    Kf5

    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335948



    Martin Klapetek 2015-05-14 18:03:08 UTC

    Git commit b0fe26bfb314698693fcf011e59a28769bd9a437 by Martin Klapetek.
    Committed on 14/05/2015 at 18:03.
    Pushed by mklapetek into branch 'master'.

    [ksmserver] Bring back the login sound

    Now it's played in its own thread, so should not block anything.

    REVIEW: 123770


    https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/123770/

    Leave a comment:


  • Qqmike
    replied
    Not sure of the status of this feature from the link
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335948

    Not yet decided for certain? Looks like there has been some interest in turning the sound off by default but leaving a user-option to turn it on.

    Now this may really sound "out there," but I like the sound because it slows me down to let the desktop fully load (or do whatever it does to be ready for user actions). If you (or I should say, I) try to do something too quickly (like open Firefox), there is a delay before it fully responds. If I wait for the notification music to end, the desktop and apps seem ready for clicking. (Excuse for such a silly post: I just woke up, first cup of tea, starting to run some laundry here.)

    Leave a comment:


  • Qqmike
    replied
    But I think it is isomorphic to a circle, the bijective mapping being the obvious one from center along radii. Besides, the Flinstones would have used his wheel for their carts. Well, maybe Fred would have.

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    Bwahahaha!

    LOL ,,,,,,,nice to see you back in good spirits

    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • SteveRiley
    replied
    Bwahahaha!

    Leave a comment:


  • mparillo
    replied
    Don't get too used to it: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335948

    Leave a comment:


  • Qqmike
    replied
    Thanks for being gentle with this

    Leave a comment:


  • Wheel Inventor
    replied
    KDE System Settings > Application and System Notifications -> Manage Notifications - Even source: KDE Workspace - Login...

    Leave a comment:


  • Qqmike
    started a topic Sound/welcome notification?

    Sound/welcome notification?

    Boy, I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it, and it's stuck in my head to do.

    Upon booting into Kubuntu (14.04), you enter your P/W, it loads, and at the end, you come to the Desktop screen. At that point, you can get a little sound/music notification that you are there and it is ready. Where in the dickens under Settings do you turn that sound on? (Mine, obviously, is off.)

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X