This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill Kwallet

How to remove every trace of Kwallet from Trusty? I think LightDM depends on it for login so how to go back to KDM for login?
    I really like Linux but this issue is about to drive me back to (ugh) windows.

lightdm doesn't depend on kwallet at all.
    if you don't want kwallet then disable it in system settings -> account details -> kde wallet
    uncheck "Enable kwallet sub system"

what are the issues your having with kwallet anyway?
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      lightdm doesn't depend on kwallet at all.
      if you don't want kwallet then disable it in system settings -> account details -> kde wallet
      uncheck "Enable kwallet sub system"

what are the issues your having with kwallet anyway?
      Never used a password manager until recently trying Kwallet, after starting it from the menu and entering a password, that was the last I saw of it, except when starting Kmail, when the box pops up asking for password. After closing Kmail the box pops up every few
      minutes saying "IMAP service is requesting password", thinking I have new mail I enter password and nothing happens. This happens
      several times. Clicking Kwallet on menu does nothing, typing "kwallet show" in terminal does nothing, tried other suggestions from
      different forums but nothing.

TNX for kwik reply.

Comment

I use kwallet as a secure password holder, in a separate wallet to the default one (which is called kdewallet). I set the password on the default wallet to a space, to avoid the annoying requests.

To see the wallets, I have to first choose System -> kWalletManager (nothing appears), then click the little up-arrow "Show hidden icons" in the system tray widget to see the KDE Wallet manager entry. I can fix this in the tray settings but I've never bothered.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
        X