Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible option is to use this method from Steve Riley, though I am aware that you are not removing a ppa.

I'm thinking that it could get you back to a clean Trusty, leaving Opera & Chrome untouched, but hopefully without the rogue program that pulled in all those other packages.

At the least it should not harm your current set-up - perhaps wiser folk than me might say yes/no to this idea to put your (and my) mind at ease before going for it.

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...lease-versions

Comment

@GreyGeek: so I misunderstood you. It was like I thought: on installing it every needed library is downloaded. That's what I once saw, installing some Gnome app. It wanted to install the whole Gnome desktop, so I canceled that. This looks about the same, except that I didn't install anything.

@ Worzel: I have no backports installed. The only programs except the repos are Google Chrome, Opera and freshplayer-plugin. I forget Komodo Edit. But that's installed from the beginning and has only two dependencies, that are already standard installed.

For me the mystery still exists. If I had installed anything new, I would understand it (though probably this should have happened when I installed the new thing). But again: I didn't install anything new for weeks.
      Thanks for the link, but I'll leave it just like it is. It doesn't bother me I've programs I don't use. I removed three of the new apps, the fourth wanted to stay with me, so I just removed that from the menu.

Comment

Your problem is one that using btrfs as a filing system would eliminate. Creating a snapshot before the app install and rolling back to it if the app install wasn't good solves the problem. The EXT4 filesystem can be converted to btrfs.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I really appreciate all reactions, but the problem is I didn't install any app. For weeks. That's the mystery and that's why I first thought Muon decided to start a life of his (her?) own.
          I can understand people think I've installed something, because it certainly looks like that, but honestly I didn't
          It happened between two updates (24 hour). But even in the weeks before that I didn't install anything, just simple updates Muon handled.

Edit: the only update outside of the repos was freshplayer-plugin. But removing that had no effect. And I guess if that update had this effect, their would have been more reports about that.
          Last edited by Goeroeboeroe; Jan 14, 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Your problem is one that using btrfs as a filing system would eliminate. Creating a snapshot before the app install and rolling back to it if the app install wasn't good solves the problem. The EXT4 filesystem can be converted to btrfs.
            I know this thread is marked solved, but I just cant help commenting:

He might as well convert EXT4 to btrfs, because he got btrfs-tools with this unwanted upgrade!
            Along with gnome-desktop3-data...
            I bet Komodo Edit is newer version now!

Comment

But why should I change all kind of things? I'm really happy with the way it runs. If I want, I can install a newer version of Komodo now too, because that's installed completely by hand, not with synaptic of muon or apt-get. But I've already got the newest version.
              (Off topic: I thought solved was only meant to indicate people can look here to see what worked, not to stop reacting.)

Comment

Working...
              X