X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to find expected entry 'main/source/Sources' in Release file

Hi All

Tried to reload/update my package information using both Synaptic & the termainal (Konsole). Got same problem twice.
    Happened yesterday as well....

Code:
    apt-get error:
    "W: Failed to fetch http://au.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/trusty/Release  Unable to find expected entry 'main/source/Sources' in Release file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)"
    No other changes have been made to my system since last update.
    Network connection appears to be fine?

Can anybody please advise?

Thanks, Cheers

Andy

--

There may be a hopefully temporary problem with the particular server you are using. You can switch to a different one I the Software Sources config tool in muon/discover (not sure if you can get there from within synaptic or not).

Our just try again later'

Sent from my Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android smartphone running ViperRom Kit Kat, using Tapatalk, like all that really matters

Comment

Hi Claydoh

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot find any way to change the server locale in Synaptic. So might have to try it via Muon et al.

Same problem tonight... so the server &/or file has been faulty now for three days in a row!

Cheers

Andy

Comment

in Muon package manager -- Settings >>Configure Software Sources >> edit the "Download From" option
        In Muon Discover you can get to the same tool from the "sources" button at the top.

Comment

Thanks Claydoh

I'd already done it (I just have always preferred Synaptic to Muon).

BTW Used the "Main Server" and problem fixed, plus it found the other sources that the Australian server never could! So I'll probably stick to the main server in the future.

Cheers, thanks again

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X