Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I keep windows in position even if the monitor they were on isn't connected?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I keep windows in position even if the monitor they were on isn't connected?

I have my development environment set up with a second monitor attached to my laptop. In eclipse, I've created a "Dual Dev" perspective where all the views are on the second monitor and only the editor remains on my laptop screen. I want to leave all these windows on the second monitor so that I can just toggle the different perspectives if I switch monitors.

in 12.04, I used the nvidia driver and whenever I disconnected a monitor, it didn't register, so all the windows stayed in place. on 14.4, I'm using the open source driver, and it's moving all the disconnected editors onto the laptop screen. How can I keep them there (off screen in a single monitor setup)?

I have minimized the impact of this by changing from having all the views in separate windows to divided panes in the same window, but it might still be a good thing to know.

Comment

Working...
    X