This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail or Thunderbird?

Back when I used Windows, I switched from Outlook Express to Thunderbird, which I liked a lot better. However, during all of my time in Kubuntu, I've used the web-based Yahoo mail. I might soon make the switch back to POP mail using an e-mail client. Of course, I could always install and use Thunderbird, which I'm familiar with. However, I've found I really like most KDE software, so maybe KMail would be the way to go.

I'm curious in hearing from people who have used both KMail and Thunderbird as to what your impressions are.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

I used to use Thunderbird, and then switched to Kmail.

At first I had some issues with Kmail, but it has really grown on me, thanks to some great tips I got when I asked for help here:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ing-with-Kmail

Most of the issues/questions I asked were specifically about the differences in behaviour between Thunderbird and Kmail.
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I only have enough experience with KMail to be able to tell people a few rudimentary things about it. My e-mail client of choice is SeaMonkey. In case you don't know, SeaMonkey is sort of the granddaddy of Firefox and Thunderbird--it used to be called the Mozilla Suite, and its components include a web browser and an e-mail and newsgroup client. Its mail features are many! Everything from filters to junk mail detection. Since you're already familiar with Thunderbird, using SeaMonkey for mail should be a snap. And its browser is great.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I haven't like any of the email clients, so I stick with the web interface.

Does KDE provide opening web apps the way Unity does?
        Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
        DACS Linux Sig | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
        Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Comment

Working...
        X