This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop touch pad stopped

System76 Kudu Professional Kubuntu 14.04. I started using an external monitor and Logitech K400r keyboard with touchpad. The External Monitor failed and I unhooked everthing and now the touchpad on the laptop does not work. I have removed the dongle and powered off and restarted several times checked the settings everything appears to be correct. The touchpad works fine on the login screen so it is not a hardware problem. It is only after KDE boots up it does not work. There must be a setting somewhere that is shutting it off. As I understand, it should switch on and off when the external mouse is connected and removed. It was doing that when I first started using the Logitech Keyboard/touchpad.

I love the Logitech K400r keyboard but it is a little hard to use with the laptop setting on your lap. However that is what I am doing as I type this. Maybe I will get use to it.LOL
    System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

I have ,,,,,,,in system settings>input devices 2 touch pad settings sections ,,,,,,,in the bottom one in the inable/disable tab their is a check box for "disabeling wile mouse is pluged in" try checking and apply then unchecing and apply .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks VInny! I would have sworn I tried that twice but proof is in the pudding. working great now.
      System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

Comment

sweet,,,,,,,,,,, we like it when our suggestions are useful ..............................

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X