Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got korganizer calendar into my android!!!1!!!2!!!@!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got korganizer calendar into my android!!!1!!!2!!!@!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss the days of working on my calendar on my Windows XP computer and then syncing it over to my Palm Pilot. Nowadays Android twists your arm to get you to upload all your data to Google Drive and Apple tries to get you to do the same to iCloud. We've seen the outstanding results of that system when nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence and other celebrities were leaked to the Internet. Of course, no such photos exist of me, and I'd doubt anyone would be interested if they were, but I certainly don't want anyone who feels like it to be able to pull up my schedule or my client list or both.

Hence, my annoyance that my Android phone doesn't come with a system for syncing everything up. However, I have found a way to copy my KOrganizer schedule over to my Android. I export it to an ics file and then copy it over to the android. After that and Android tool named ICS Importer pulls the appointments into the calendar. It only goes one way. I can't export any new appointments back to the Kubuntu laptop and KOrganizer, but I don't add many appointments on the go.

It's not as good as how it worked with my Palm Pilot, but at least it works. This Android does a ton of things I don't care about, but doesn't do this one important thing that's really important to me very well. I tried another app that purported to both import and export, but could not get it to work. At least I've made progress though.

And I'm not installing the Facebook app that will alert me the instant anyone invites me to play some game.

All right, now I'm off to shop for a new keyboard, which I busted when writing the title to this post.

Edit: Hey, that was sneaky. My title was supposed to be in all caps for comic effect, but it got auto-zapped small.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

hankclappingthingyhere!

woodsmoke

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X