This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version of KDE

Running update on my system just popped up a notice to say there was a new version of KDE available. But, no packages were presented for download. So, do they exist, where do I find them, and should I yet??

Peter.

What version of KDE are you using now?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by pnunn View Post
      Running update on my system
      ? do you mean
      Code:
      sudo apt-get update
      ? if so that by it's self dose not update any thing but the list of avalabel packages , not the packages them selves.
      just popped up a notice to say there was a new version of KDE available. But, no packages were presented for download. So, do they exist, where do I find them, and should I yet??

Peter.
      you usually do not get a popup of a new KDE ver. ,,,,,a new Kubuntu ver. yes but not KDE ,,,

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Are you using 12.04 or 14.04? I've seen that on 12.04. It's just telling you a new version of Kubuntu is available. You can choose not to be notified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Vinny,

it was following an apt-get dist-upgrade.

It is the first time I've seen anything like a "new version of KDE" popup, hence my surprise, and my desire to track it down as there is now no sign of it anywhere

I don't think I was dreaming.

Peter.

Comment

Hi Vinny,

it was following an apt-get dist-upgrade.

It is the first time I've seen anything like a "new version of KDE" popup, hence my surprise, and my desire to track it down as there is now no sign of it anywhere

I don't think I was dreaming.

Peter.
            if it was FOLLOWING a "dist-upgrade" you would have just installed a new ver. of KDE (if it was available) ,,,,,,,maby thay added a popup to inform us of the fact we just upgraded our KDE ver.

I see I have 171 updates to do now ,,,,,,lets see what happens
            Humm probebly not a KDE upgrade thats usualy over 200 ,,,,,looks like a lot of project-neon5 stuff

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
            X