Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Free Desktop Recorder With Audio For Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Can someone recommend the best free desktop recorder with audio software for Kubuntu 14.04 LTS 64Bit?
    We are a video game developer and wish to record some of our video games into AVI movies.
    We would need a software that records the contents of an open window with audio.

Thanks!

JeZxLee
    16BitSoft Inc.
    Video Game Design Studio
    www.16BitSoft.com
    (new HTML5/JS website is live)

Oh, there are many of those.
    Actually, there have been a number of threads here in KFN on the subject of screen recorders.......and they are all free.
    Probably with the differences in user needs and video/audio hardware, one has to try a few out to see what works best, plus the commandline options as well.

Comment

I want your tetriCrisis4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why is it not available.

this dose not do to bad

Code:
      avconv -f alsa -i pulse -f x11grab -r 30 -s 1920*1080 -i :0.0 -vcodec libx264 -preset ultrafast -ab 320k -threads 8  screen.mkv
      set -s to size of display

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

AskUbuntu software-recommendation: http://askubuntu.com/questions/4428/...e-a-screencast

A recent (Apr 19th 2014) from the Kubuntu forums: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...pture-Recorder
        A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
        Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          I want your tetriCrisis4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why is it not available. ...
          Hi,

The wonderful Tetris Company threatened my company with a lawsuit if we continued to distribute "TetriCrisis 4 110% A.I."
          So, we stopped distributing it - try one of our other games!

JeZxLee

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
            set -s to size of display
            Here's one way to get the command to figure out the value on its own:
            -s $(xdpyinfo | awk '/dimensions/ {print $2}')

Comment

vokoscreen will do this ,,,,,,,1 window recording .

HOWEVER I posted it as a good program for this on one of @woodsmoks threads but then discovered that the audio was choppy for me and would dropout/quit about 15-30 seconds into the screencast .

I have a workaround involving using Audacity to record the Audio wile doing the Vokoscreen 1 window capture with no Audio and then stitching them together with "avimerge" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I will post a screencast of the procedure tonight or tomorrow in both of these threads

VINNY
              Last edited by vinnywright; Aug 16, 2014, 05:48 PM.
              16GB RAM

Comment

OK so I was sure Vokoscreen was getting the Audio,,,,,, but no it was chopy and drops out altogether after 15-30 seconds ,,,,,,as well with avconv on the CLI .

So a workaround was needed and hear it is .

the Audio is a bit off track because as you stitch the vids together the audio will not stand free space in the stream ,,,,,,,you can however open the .avi in Audacity and insert silence at the appropriate time stamps and space it back out right .........I did just that to get it this close to right but wifey was needing me so it got left in this state
                this came from using 3 sound files and 3 vid files stitching eatch Audio and Video first then all the video's together ,,,,, I should have just combined the video's then made a sound file wile watching the combined vid and then adding just the 1 sound file to it.

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                X