X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact not displaying any new mail.

Hi Guys,

I updated my system this morning, which pulled in a bunch of kde libs etc, and since a reboot I've not been able to see any new mail. I can see all of the mail that was there before the reboot, but nothing since.

No errors, the mail seems to being scanned correctly, just nothing showing up (there is mail, I can see it on the phone).

Any ideas how I can convince it to start working again . Its a real pain at the moment.

I've tried stopping the task in akonadi console and re syncing there, still nothing.

Peter.

The issue is broader than it seemed. I deleted the account and re-created it. I now have NO email in the imap account at all. Other devices still work just fine. Trying to file a bug, but of course, the password change is sent by email.. to report a problem with email... sigh.

Comment

I used SteveRiley's guide to reverting to release packaged (from the how-to section) https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...lease-versions to downgrade the packages from the PPA versions I'm running.

However, I get
      Processing triggers for python-support (1.0.15) ...
      Errors were encountered while processing:
      /var/cache/apt/archives/kaddressbook_4%3a4.13.2-0ubuntu0.1_amd64.deb
      /var/cache/apt/archives/libkdepim4_4%3a4.13.2-0ubuntu0.1_amd64.deb
      E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
      at the end of the install (I seem to remember getting something like this from the original ppa install too).

Any ideas?

Comment

And.... where back.

So, a couple of apt-get install -f runs, a reboot or two and I'm back at the release level, and kontact is working again... so, bug report in on the ppa version.

Comment

Working...
        X