Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable all Kubuntu shortcuts

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rog132
    replied
    KDE Global Shortcuts

    The Kubuntu is using the KDE desktop. The KDE and its applications are saving the global shortcuts to the ~/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc .

    The kglobalshortcutsrc is a text file.



    As mentioned there is a gui: KDE system settings> Shortcuts and Gestures...

    But the kglobalshortcutsrc can be edited with the text editors & scripts.



    More: KDE Forums - Load Global Keyboard Shortcuts from a backup file: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=94403

    Leave a comment:


  • Teunis
    replied
    If I were a developer I shouldn't need to imagine this, so yes you are right, it's my speculation.
    If the Kubuntu shortcuts are so separated from yours then why do you presently have a compatibility problem?

    Leave a comment:


  • byron.hawkins
    replied
    Originally posted by Teunis View Post
    I could imagine such a global switch would also affect your own shortcuts...
    Are you a Kubuntu developer, or are you speculating? There is no reason it would affect my shortcuts. For example, the switch could simply iterate all of the Kubuntu shortcuts and configure them to be disabled, one by one. This would not affect my shortcuts because they are maintained by a separate application in files that Kubuntu doesn't know about.

    Leave a comment:


  • Teunis
    replied
    I could imagine such a global switch would also affect your own shortcuts...

    Leave a comment:


  • byron.hawkins
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    system settings>shortcuts and Gestures you can change all key bindings hear.

    VINNY
    That's a huge amount of work. Also, are the shortcuts really all in that one panel? Often they are scattered around. I'm looking for some kind of switch or script to simply disable all of them at once.

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnywright
    replied
    system settings>shortcuts and Gestures you can change all key bindings hear.

    VINNY

    Leave a comment:


  • byron.hawkins
    started a topic Disable all Kubuntu shortcuts

    Disable all Kubuntu shortcuts

    Hi, I just upgraded to 14.04 and as usual, some new functionality took control of a shortcut that i use regularly in my text editor. I found the thief and disabled it. But is there any simple way to disable all shortcuts in the desktop so that my applications can use them freely? I might enable 3 or 4 of them, like the app switcher, but the rest are just obstacles because I have most available combinations mapped to something in my text editor.

    It would be especially nice to disable the feature that "Alt+<key>" is received by the menu bar of the active application. I would like to own the Alt key 100% and not share it with anything else.

    If anyone knows a trick for doing these things, please let me know! Thanks.


    Byron

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X