This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable all Kubuntu shortcuts

Hi, I just upgraded to 14.04 and as usual, some new functionality took control of a shortcut that i use regularly in my text editor. I found the thief and disabled it. But is there any simple way to disable all shortcuts in the desktop so that my applications can use them freely? I might enable 3 or 4 of them, like the app switcher, but the rest are just obstacles because I have most available combinations mapped to something in my text editor.

It would be especially nice to disable the feature that "Alt+<key>" is received by the menu bar of the active application. I would like to own the Alt key 100% and not share it with anything else.

If anyone knows a trick for doing these things, please let me know! Thanks.

Byron

system settings>shortcuts and Gestures you can change all key bindings hear.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      system settings>shortcuts and Gestures you can change all key bindings hear.

VINNY
      That's a huge amount of work. Also, are the shortcuts really all in that one panel? Often they are scattered around. I'm looking for some kind of switch or script to simply disable all of them at once.

Comment

I could imagine such a global switch would also affect your own shortcuts...

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          I could imagine such a global switch would also affect your own shortcuts...
          Are you a Kubuntu developer, or are you speculating? There is no reason it would affect my shortcuts. For example, the switch could simply iterate all of the Kubuntu shortcuts and configure them to be disabled, one by one. This would not affect my shortcuts because they are maintained by a separate application in files that Kubuntu doesn't know about.

Comment

If I were a developer I shouldn't need to imagine this, so yes you are right, it's my speculation.
            If the Kubuntu shortcuts are so separated from yours then why do you presently have a compatibility problem?

Comment

KDE Global Shortcuts

The Kubuntu is using the KDE desktop. The KDE and its applications are saving the global shortcuts to the ~/.kde/share/config/kglobalshortcutsrc .

The kglobalshortcutsrc is a text file.

As mentioned there is a gui: KDE system settings> Shortcuts and Gestures...

But the kglobalshortcutsrc can be edited with the text editors & scripts.

More: KDE Forums - Load Global Keyboard Shortcuts from a backup file: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=94403
              A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
              Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Working...
              X