X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Daemon issue Mobile Broadband

Hi guys.

So my problem is a bit of a peculiar one. Kubuntu 14.04 has no problems with setting up and going online using USB dongle when running from the USB startup disk. However on a installation I did on my friend's netbook connecting using USB dongle is at the moment impossible.

What happens is that I follow the setup guide and the connection itself gets created and appears in the network list. After clicking connect it starts spinning as if all is well upon when a little KDE Daemon-window pops up stating: "Please provide a password below". Not "the password", it is really "a password".
    The connection has by default from the setup guide already a username and password. I have tried with removing the password from the configuration, then tried with removing the username as well. Makes no change.

If I type a password in the KDE Daemon window it disappears and reappears asking me again for "a password". Then it disappears and network manager reports that the connection failed.

The password which I type into the KDE Daemon window gets saved into the KDE Wallet. And if I change what I type into the password field the post in KDE Wallet gets updated to whatever it was that I typed in. It however always ends with that Network Manager reports that the connection failed.

This makes very little sense to me and I have no idea of how to go about it. What could be wrong?

Any help or suggestions are highly appreciated.

/ hackan
    Last edited by hackan301; Jun 28, 2014, 06:41 PM.
Working...
X