This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google calendar not updating

I added my google calendar to Kontact/Korganizer. The calendar events appeared in Kontact, but adding in new events in Google or in Kontact does not update the other. I tried manually forcing a refresh, still no luck. Ideas?

This has been an ongoing problem for me too.
    You might find after a day or two, it suddenly updates. No idea why.
    Anyway I reverted back to Thunderbird with the Lightning extension for my Calendar. It syncs immediately.
    Would still be interested in a fix for Kontact though.

Comment

I don't have this issue. I'm using CalDAV to synch with Google Calendar in KOrganizer. I set this up with the DAV groupware resource in KOrganizer. Did you setup to synch using Google Calendars and Tasks?
      Last edited by life0riley; May 25, 2014, 09:27 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi lifeOriley.
        Yes I set mine up using "google calendar & tasks".
        I have tried using the DAV groupware resource, but came unstuck.
        I assume your login details are your google email address & password. Then the server is "Davical" as there is no CalDAV listed.
        But then it asks me for the "Host" & "installation path". I have no idea what to enter in there.
        Any help please.

Comment

Hi Rainmaker, Starting from here...
          Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
          Then the server is "Davical" as there is no CalDAV listed.
          Click cancel at this point when the DAV groupware configuration wizard window opens. You will configure this manually. The DAV groupware resource pops up next. The display name you enter is Google Calendar or whatever you want to call it. Enter your username (gmail address) and its password. Click Add. The next DAV groupware resource window pops up with CalDAV selected. Enter the remote url.

This is the remote url where Calendar_ID is your Google email address.
          Code:
          https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/Calendar_ID/events/
          Make sure "Use specific credentials" is selected and enter your gmail username (gmail address) and its password. Click Fetch. Click OK. Click OK to the next window and finally click OK to close the Configure KOrganizer window.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks lifeOriley.
            All is working well after following your instructions.
            Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X