This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't modify or even turn off system notifications

Ever since upgrading I've been battling with system notifications. Every time I move or copy a file a notification pops up and I can't seem to turn it off. The settings for 'tray icon' and 'popup' don't seem to have any effect either - since upgrading, I've only ever got the system tray notifications.

When I click on the settings icon in the notification, this (completely blank and useless) window pops up:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	notifications.png
Views:	1
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	648184

I've dug through 'manage notifications' in system settings as well, and can't find where to turn off notifications for moving files etc. What's more, when I empty the trash I get the following notification:

undefined [Finished]

I've seen this 'undefined' notification before for all sorts of bizarre events (I can't remember what exactly, but certainly not anything I would have though worthy of its own notification!).
    "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Notification settings...

Notification Settings

1. Left click the little triangle on the panel - 'Show hidden icons'
    2. Right click the 'Notifications'
    3. Left click the 'Notification Settings'

Choose which information to show.

Notifications' visibility

1. Right click the system tray - Pick the 'System Tray Settigs'
    2. Edit the 'Notifications' visibility.

Alternative Notifications

Earlier: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post350228
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

thankyou! I would never have found that -_-
      "Stella", HP Pavilion 15-ak006TX: KDE Neon User Edition dual-booted with Windows 10, 8gb RAM, Intel i7-6700HQ CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M graphics, 2 TB hard drive

Comment

Working...
      X