This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update check downloads too much

When refreshing the repos to check for updates (via synaptic or muon etc) since yesterday it downloads over 13MB of data (it'll be more if you have source enabled). This is what it's usually like when using the alpha/beta builds not the stable release.

Up to this Wednesday, refreshing the repos would take a few seconds now it's taking closer to a minute. I haven't changed anything here.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: As of yesterday it seems to have been fixed.
    Last edited by Gavin77; May 13, 2014, 01:54 PM.

Here it's even some 25MB.
    Normally I don't pay much attention to it but do believe this is normal.
    At home it's very fast, here in this blasted hotel the net is slow so while updating I tend to switch to something else.

Comment

Same here, ~23MB downloaded today every time I run apt-get update command (tried several times during the day). This started a few days ago, before that a quick check of all repos would take just a couple seconds. Ubuntu repos broken?

Comment

Ahh!
        Got home a few hours ago and tried again, still on a foreign server, and it's less than a single Meg...

Now on the Dutch server...... 28MB!
        A minute later, ~300 kB.

So I have to assume the system had already done it's automated daily check on the foreign server and there's a 'time to live' in the update system.

Comment

moral to the story: do updates when the Wizard of Oz says do your updates, at lease somewhat "minimal"....gotta remember bloodmoon whatever.

woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
          X