yes as noted below medibuntu has "been shut down" but the noted methods work I am running Tahr and have no problems
woodsmoke
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Best way to get ffmpeg
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Using jon severinsson ppa (https://launchpad.net/~jon-severinsson/+archive/ffmpeg) without any problem.
Code:$:>ffmpeg -h ffmpeg version 1.2.6-7:1.2.6-1~trusty1 Copyright (c) 2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers built on Apr 26 2014 18:52:58 with gcc 4.8 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-19ubuntu1) configuration: --arch=amd64 --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-pthreads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --extra-version='7:1.2.6-1~trusty1' --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --enable-bzlib --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libfreetype --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libopencv --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-vaapi --enable-vdpau --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-zlib --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-libcdio --enable-x11grab --enable-libx264 --shlibdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-shared --disable-static libavutil 52. 18.100 / 52. 18.100 libavcodec 54. 92.100 / 54. 92.100 libavformat 54. 63.104 / 54. 63.104 libavdevice 53. 5.103 / 53. 5.103 libavfilter 3. 42.103 / 3. 42.103 libswscale 2. 2.100 / 2. 2.100 libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102 libpostproc 52. 2.100 / 52. 2.100 Hyper fast Audio and Video encoder
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MedibuntuOriginally posted by woodsmoke View Postmedibuntu
A couple weeks ago I looked into installing ffmpeg so that I could convert a couple of videos using avconv. After activating the PPA it wanted to replace 600+ files (effectively downgrading my Trusty to, IIRC, 12.04. I declined to take that ride.Medibuntu has now been shut down, the packages were either obsolete, unnecessary or moved to the official Ubuntu archive.
A Libdvdcss package is now available direct from VideoLan http://www.videolan.org/developers/libdvdcss.html
Failing that here is what I tried to do:
The "libvo" caused the conflict.Code:/usr/bin/avconv -y -i "/home/jerry/Videos/100VIDEO/VID00026.AVI" -crf 20.0 -vcodec libx264 -filter:v scale=1280:720 -preset slow -acodec libvo_aacenc0 -ar 48000 -b:a 128k -coder 1 -flags +loop -cmp chroma -partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -me_method hex -subq 6 -me_range 16 -g 250 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -b_strategy 1 -threads 0 "/home/jerry/VID00026.mp4"
I ended up using VLC.Last edited by GreyGeek; May 04, 2014, 08:04 AM.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
lol, eye don' theenk soh, meester smokeOriginally posted by woodsmoke View Postmedibuntu
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
probably the PPA is the easiest way. It has been around for a while now, with regular updates so it is likely safe to use.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
Users Viewing This Topic
Collapse
There are 0 users viewing this topic.
Leave a comment: