X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install Wine 1.4??

Hi all,
    I'm trying to install Wine 1.4 (not 1.4.1). Both Muon and Synaptic will get me Wine 1.6 and won't let me install 1.4 version alone. Also tried to download a binary package but Gdebi wants to install 1.6 version as dependencies.
    All I want is Wine 1.4 alone. No 1.4.1, no 1.6, no nothing. Just old, outdated Wine 1.4. Is that possible? How do I do it?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

you might need to install the older version manually. can i ask why you need 1.4 ?
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hey!
      Thanks for answering.
      As I said, I tried to manually install it by downloading a binary package but Gdebi sort of "detects" that it needs (?) version 1.6 as a dependency.
      I need 1.4 to run IL2 Sturmovik 1946. Version 1.6 seems to make funny things to the game video quality. I'm not totally sure that's the problem, but I know it worked under 1.4 and I'd like to check.
      Now that we're there, is someone running it succesfully under 1.6?
      Appreciated!

Comment

you can also try the wine ppa (check wineHQ.org ) and use wine1.7

http://www.winehq.org/download/ubuntu
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Another option might be to try installing PlayOnLinux, available in the normal repos. I think it can use multiple wine versions, it might actually provide them or download them. It allows individual applications to have their own separate wine configs, which allows for per-app customization as may be required for each one.

Comment

Working...
          X