This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate Python Plugins not working anymore

After upgrading to 14.04 most of my Python plugins for Kate stopped working. Specifically, all the "checkers" (pyflakes, pep8, etc). Some of the other stuff is still there (e.g. Block, ColorTools, etc) but I really only care about the checkers. I tried blowing away all my Kate settings (in ~/.kde/share/apps/kate and ~/.kde/share/config/kate*) but that didn't do anything. I double-checked that all the files were present in:

/usr/share/kde4/apps/kate/pate/python_utils

...which is installed as part of the kate-data package. Anyone else have this problem or have any ideas on how to troubleshoot further? I tried putting logging statements and whatnot inside the python_utils *.py files but they just don't appear to be loading at all. I am at a loss as to how to fix this problem. Any help would be appreciated (yes I tried googling).

Silly question, but have you checked to see if the Python Plugins is still marked for use in Kate: Kate > Settings > Configure Kate... > Plugins
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Silly question, but have you checked to see if the Python Plugins is still marked for use in Kate: Kate > Settings > Configure Kate... > Plugins
      Yep, I marked them and unmarked them many times. After much investigation I believe the bug is in KDE itself so I opened up this bug report:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=333941

The python_utils plugin(s) appear to be missing an __init__.py and even after I add it they don't work due to what appears to be changes in the API.

Comment

Working...
      X