This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail quick search broken

Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE KMail 4.13: I sort of got used to the fact that keywords search has been broken in KMail2 since early KDE 4 but at least up until KDE 4.12 the quick search option (available via toolbar above message list panel) worked fine. After the upgrade, quick search toolbar is now broken just like the full search option. Both only find maybe one message out of 10, tested and confirmed by comparing to Thunderbird search performance on the same inbox folder.

Broken may be the wrong term. Not fully functional would be better.

Yes, searching from the top level Local Folders does not work (it should). If you click on specific folders, the search works.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It has to index your messages first, that could take a while.

How many messages do you have?

Comment

Not a huge number, but that isn't the issue, as I've been on 14.04 since it was in early beta. Baloo is working here fine; no issues. So my email has been indexed/is being indexed, but a Find from the top level simply doesn't work, while using Find on a specific folder does.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Not a huge number, but that isn't the issue, as I've been on 14.04 since it was in early beta. Baloo is working here fine; no issues. So my email has been indexed/is being indexed, but a Find from the top level simply doesn't work, while using Find on a specific folder does.
          It's a different bug in my case; I think it is related to the one reported here:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=333566

So for me, search does not work inside folder(s) either, likely because baloo indexes are broken due to Unicode characters in the messages. A fix was committed already and supposed to get into the KDE 4.13.1 update.

Comment

I have just installed KDE 4.13.1 update (from Kubuntu PPA) and can confirm that KMail quick search option is now working again. So this bug is indeed fixed in 4.13.1 as advertised.

Comment

Working...
            X