This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash videos stop after a few seconds

Recently, perhaps from the beginning of April, and possibly in the upgrade to Kubuntu 14.04, flash videos have been broken for me. They seem to load fine, but then they pause at a regular position. All Youtube videos consistently pause at 7 seconds, and Facebook videos pause at 2 seconds. I can see that the play button is still down, and toggling it does nothing. I can drag the position slider forward, which restarts the video, but it will pause again in a few seconds.

Occasionally, it will work, but will break after one or so videos play. I've tried several hours of troubleshooting, to no avail. I use Firefox.
    • The latest flash is installed (11.2.202.350).
    • flashplugin-installer is installed, and I've tried purging and reinstallling.
    • I've tried the Chromium pepper flash (pepperflashplugin-nonfree), which didn't work.
      Code:
      $ sudo /usr/sbin/update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree --status
      Flash Player version installed on this system  : 13.0.0.182
      Flash Player version available on upstream site: 12.0.0.77
    • I upgraded to the latest version of gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg from ppa:mc3man/trusty-media
    • I tried browser-plugin-gnash with ffmpeg. After blocking Youtube cookies, it works well, but Facebook videos are still broken.

I also tried minitube, which immediately crashes for me (and won't fix the Facebook problems) and Linterna Mágica, which displays a static window for youtube. I haven't tried Lightspark, but it gets pretty bad reviews.

I find it very strange that I see the same issues in Chromium too, so perhaps it's not the flash package itself that is the problem?

Maybe with this: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ube-all-html5/

A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Thanks, but the problem with that is that it won't fix Facebook videos, there are bugs with Youtube html5 and KDE, and (I think) only some Youtube videos support html5 anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X