This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am being flooded with requests to let my 12.04 be upgraded to 14.04

I don't know whether this is a Kubuntu question or a Ubuntu question. Here is my complaint:

[Solved]
    I am using Kubuntu 12.04 and I have lately been bugged by the oft recurring message that 14.04 is a avaliable and do I want to upgrade right away? No thank you, I don't want to. How do I stop those messages from coming?

Firstly, I never upgrade a current installation. I always create a new install in another partition and I boot that occasionally, add the updates and check that my applications run the way I want. Eventually I will use it permanently and what was until then my current installation will still be there as a backup.

Secondly, I already have, since the days of Beta 2, Kubuntu 14.04 installed in their own partitions on two of my PC's (and Python 3.4 there does not yet treat my Python 3.2 code to my full satisfaction).

regards
    /ingemar
    Last edited by ingemar; Aug 17, 2014, 12:42 PM.

Direct:
    Code:
    kdesudo software-properties-kde
    From the Muon package manager: Settings > Configure software sources

Software sources - tab: Updates. Pick when to show the release upgrade info. At here: Never.

Also KDE System Settings > Application and System Notifications > Manage Notifications: System Notification / System Notification Helper

Disable the unwanted notifications...
    Last edited by Rog132; Aug 15, 2014, 04:36 AM.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Same problem here. Except ... in one of those skirmishes, a window popped up giving me the option "Never show this update option again" (or something to that effect). Since clicking that, no more update harassment! Here, it looks like it working like it is supposed to be working.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
      X