Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Toshiba Satellite S50Dt with AMD Radeon R6!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Toshiba Satellite S50Dt with AMD Radeon R6!

Hello community,

After using Kubuntu exclusively on my Dell for almost 5 years, I decided to get a new computer (has Win 8.1 pre-loaded). Unfortunately, I can't get it to successfully boot the live USB. USB works on other computers, MD5SUM was good before I made the image bootable to the USB. I was able to configure the laptop to boot from USB.

I get the EFI boot menu and it allows me to select different options. After I was greeted with the black screen a few times, I used the "e" option to edit the boot parameters. From the parameters, when I remove the "quiet" option from the boot parameters, I can see the live environment is failing on the on-board graphics. Are there better parameters I can use to get past this sticking point? I'm open to other suggestions for booting into the live environment before committing to wiping the disk....

I don't know if I've neglected some other settings and this is just a symptom of an unrelated issue or configuration...

Thanks for the attention,

James
    Last edited by jtsmith0101; Jun 20, 2014, 06:13 AM. Reason: adding content

Add nomodeset to the boot parameters.

If you that fails, you may have to do a command line install, and then manually install the fglrx driver.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

That worked. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X