This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 14.04 release date

I'm new in Kubuntu. Earlier, I used Ubuntu for years. Is Kubuntu release date same as Ubuntu? If yes, in what hour I can expect Kubuntu 14.04 avaliable for download?

Yes, it is the same.

It will be out anytime that day, there is no set hour .

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk, like that really matters

Comment

WooHoo! \o/

cheers,
      bill
      Last edited by bweinel; Apr 17, 2014, 06:03 AM.
      sigpic
      A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Claydoh:

It will be out anytime that day,
        Which day?

I've been trolling the web, and while today (April 17) was shown as a tentative release date back in August, I haven't seen any news since as to the actual release date.

Frank.
        Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Today it is.

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule

Comment

ronw:

Aha! There it is!

Guess I'll set up and extra machine for an 'all nighter' from an obscure mirror somewhere. Servers will be busy, to be sure.

Thanks.

Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank616 View Post
              Servers will be busy, to be sure.
              That's why downloading via Torrent is always better on release day. Plus it uses less bandwidth for Canonical.
              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
              K*Digest Blog
              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Just grabbed the 32bit release from the main download site and it came down in about 4 mins. Doesn't seem to be too much load on the servers. Seems that the website it comes from is cloudfront so that shouldn't be affected by downloads too much as this is Amazons cloud service.

I've been using Kubuntu for a couple of years (a rejecter of Unity) and I've been a lurker here without posting, so a quick hello and thank you for all of your hard work.

Comment

The new release download is here:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/re...14.04/release/

Other flavors:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/

As dequire said we can help by using torrents and let it run for a while.

Welcome to the forum Higgles. Cloud stuff? Wow. Cool. I think?

Ken
                  Last edited by lcorken; Apr 17, 2014, 01:13 PM. Reason: Add stuff.
                  Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Yep, cloudfront is one of Amazon's cloud products so it means that it is using a cloud based storage system and will have far more bandwidth than just 1 server on it's own (I think I've got it right). Amazon are one of the large suppliers of this service and from what I can gather clients using this service include Netflix so there should be plenty of bandwidth to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Higgles View Post
                      Yep, cloudfront is one of Amazon's cloud products so it means that it is using a cloud based storage system and will have far more bandwidth than just 1 server on it's own (I think I've got it right). Amazon are one of the large suppliers of this service and from what I can gather clients using this service include Netflix so there should be plenty of bandwidth to spare.
                      That explains a lot. Previously on release day I had a tough time just getting the download page to open.
                      Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Did I hit a magic button or something? Network has been hammered at 680'ish KiB/s on downloading for about 2hrs. I have nothing else on the network (as of this moment). I do not remember typing any commands to kick off the upgrade process (and NO, I don't live in either Colorado or Washington -- but planning on it). Anyone know of a good command or tool I can use to figure out what and who?
                        No Bling

Comment

Dequire:

That's why downloading via Torrent is always better
                          Pretty much always do -- even when NOT on release day. Good reminder, however.

Frank.

Comment

One can tell the new release is out -- the repositories are giving me 12kb/s with occasional bursts of 100Kb-400Kb/sec! Busy!!!!
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

In case anyone using Google finds this, here's a link to to the Kubuntu 14.04 LTS Torrents:

http://linuxtracker.org/?page=torren...241a7fb02aa981 (<--- 64 bit)

http://linuxtracker.org/?page=torren...9b121b59ed7375 (<--- 32 bit)
                              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                              K*Digest Blog
                              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X