This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kmail error

My Kmail won't start, getting the error Could not create collection trash resourceId: 3
    Have read several posts on this.

When I looked at 'Archive Mail Agent' in Akonadi Console, the folder was missing.(Configure natively)

Before I make any more changes I thought I should get some help!

Any ideas would be welcome

Kubuntu 14.04

Because 'more is better', what preceded kmail's failure to start?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, a good question.
      I was attempting a total backup to my new WD MyCloud device. The process twice hung up at a hidden file somewhere in /home/bill/.local/share. It was a file of no consequence (or so I thought) and I deleted the entire folder because it related to a long obsolete email address.

Comment

"...obsolete email address."

Well, Akonadi almost certainly had that email/email folder in it's database, and removing it from outside of a running instance of Kmail is likely/certainly the cause of your issue now. That said, can the deleted folder be recovered, or did you permanently delete it already?

Comment

It's gone for good.

Comment

Okay, but do you have a previous backup that it could be restored from?

Comment

I may have an old hard drive with it on, plus the failed backup on the NAS device must have something. I'll look at this first but I'll be a while.
              Thanks

Comment

Oh well! Can't find any backups - but it's time for a rebuild anyway!

Comment

Working...
                X