X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing/settinf DPI?

Hello,
    Running Kubuntu 14.01, on laptop with 1920x1080 resolution. My aging eyes have trouble reading smaller fonts, and some of my most-often used applications have no way to adjust font size.
    I know I can address this by increasing the DPI setting, and I know that in previous versions of Kubuntu this was available under System->Application Appearance. But in 14..01 the "Application Appearance" doesn't exist, and I could not find a way to set DPI under any of the other options. Believe it or not, I searched here on "DPI" and got zero results.

Does anyone know where/how to do this? I have no problem editing configuration files to get it done.

TIA

You should have Application Apperance in your system settings. im not sure of the exact package that installs it but you may want to reinstall the kubuntu-desktop package (this will reinstall the default kubuntu packages)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. The package was installed already (I installed Kubuntu from a DVD where I had burned the distro), but the kubuntu-full package was not. On a hunch, I installed that one. Restarted X (don't even know if that was needed), then Application Appearance showed up in the System Settings screen.
      Thanks again.

Solved.

Comment

Working...
      X