Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

x2go - new system user can't see taskbar?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x2go - new system user can't see taskbar?

Hi all,

With root user on Kubuntu 14.04 I can see bottom taksbar but after I created new user and logged in I cannot see it, why? can someone test it on their system?
    I even tried every possible resolution in x2go but no joy

Is a session default resolution issue.
    I did a workaround with installing ARandR then I saved a settings file to the desktop widget with a good resolution like 1024x768 to at least give me a viewable startpoint.
    Then it was just a matter of running the item from the desktop to set the resolution to where the taskbar is visible and adjust from there as needed.
    Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Originally posted by otisklt View Post
      Is a session default resolution issue.
      I did a workaround with installing ARandR then I saved a settings file to the desktop widget with a good resolution like 1024x768 to at least give me a viewable startpoint.
      Thanks for the reply!

Using desktop account I cannot get any resolution to show me taskbar. Using root account I was able to install ARandR and save working resolution (in my case 1366x760) to desktop folder but I had permission issues since it was created with root account, later I was able to change from root to desktop user/group but clicking on it would not open ARandR.
      I'm stuck

Comment

Update:
        After reboot and logging out/in out few times I was able to click on that setting that I created using root account and it finally adjusted to 1366x706 which works for my screen.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Cheers, glad you got it working right.
          That is a bit of a bug IMO.
          Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

Agree. I failed to mention in my first post that this is on VPS.

Comment

Working...
            X