X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-installation, crash after log in.

Hello !

I know it's not the best place to talk about my problem here as a french guy but I've not found an answer in a french forum : sorry for my english ^^'

So, I've intalled Kubuntu 14.04.3 on my laptop with a DVD with intructions of a famous french website (openclassroom).
    At the end of the installation, I've reebooted my laptop. I can input my password and login but when I'm in, I've an error message which says that I translate by the "execution interface of application" (in french 'l'application Interface d'exécution") have crached.

I've tried to re-intall Kubuntu but my laptop won't boot on the DVD even if it's the first on the BIOS.
    I've choosed the manuel way to partition my disk and Windows works well so I've decided to check my partitions. The partition that I've created are empty ("/", "/home"). So I don't know where were installed Kubuntu :-(

Thanks for your help, I hope that I've wrote is understandable...

"execution interface of application" (in french 'l'application Interface d'exécution") have crached
    Hi Guyom, welcome. I don't think I can help you with the quoted "crash" message. So until someone else jumps in here to help, perhaps you can double-check things -- the setup, the preparation, these items:

If your laptop is newer (maybe > 2011) and boots by the new UEFI method (not by the older BIOS method), then you must have the 64-bit Kubuntu (not 32-bit) and boot the Kubuntu installer DVD in UEFI mode. If it is UEFI firmware that you have, Windows has already used it and set it up properly, and you can use what Windows has set up. BUT, you must run your DVD Kubuntu in UEFI mode:

How to access your firmware setup, boot menus: Most modern computers after about 2011 have UEFI firmware. Check your PC manual to find out how to access your computer's UEFI setup menus (by pressing a special key at the POST (Power-On-Self-Test) screen). Explore the UEFI setup menus, find where the boot menu is. If there is a setting to choose the boot mode (UEFI or BIOS), choose UEFI; also, you do not want CSM (disable it or set to "Auto"); disable Fast Boot; either disable Secure Boot or set it to "Other operating system" (not Windows--unless you have Windows and want to enable it).
    Boot menus: You may have a main (permanent (until you change it)) boot menu and a second boot menu, often called the "boot override" menu, that allows you to select an OS (or other UEFI application) to boot for this one time. The UEFI firmware acts as a boot manager.

How to run the Kubuntu installer: You want to boot your Kubuntu install medium in UEFI mode (not in legacy BIOS/CSM mode). You must have the 64-bit version of Kubuntu (not 32-bit). Then, put your Kubuntu install medium in the PC (the CD/DVD drive, or USB port). Re-boot. At the proper POST time press the correct key to enter your computer's UEFI setup menus. From a boot menu (like the boot override menu), select the entry corresponding to the UEFI mode of your install medium. In that boot menu, you may see more than one entry for your install device, like two or three entries for your DVD, or multiple entries for your USB flash drive. Select an entry that has UEFI or EFI in its description. And proceed as you normally do, installing Kubuntu.
    I've choosed the manuel way to partition my disk
    That's good. Now, again as I said, I am only helping to double-check the preparation here. I'll drop this text link in case, so you can check that you've done this right:

Installing Kubuntu -- Using the "Manual" Installation Type, with your own partitioning

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post377688

There is one more issue: Configuring "BIOS" correctly if it is UEFI. BUT ... we shouldn't have to worry about that in your case because you have Windows working well, so we will assume that whatever firmware you have (the older BIOS or the newer UEFI), it is already configured correctly.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Thanks for your answer !
      I'll try that and try to see which mistake I've made during the installation process...

Comment

Working...
      X