This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desktop effects cannot be read [run]

After some update like a month ego desktop effects stoped working the way I configured them. When I want correct it in system settings I get information that cannot be read (run).

I have no idea why. Alt+Tab still switches between running applications. But I can't set new settings.
    I deleted kwinrc and restarted but it didn't help.

Could you...

Could you show the error message ?

Could you tell something of your system - GPU ?

Could you tell your compositing etc. settings ?

If I turn the compositing to the XRender the error is:

and the ~/.cache/upstart/startkde.log has:

kwin(3009) KWin::EffectsHandlerImpl::loadEffect: EffectsHandler::loadEffect : Effect "kwin4_effect_blur" is not supported
    kwin(3009) KWin::EffectsHandlerImpl::loadEffect: EffectsHandler::loadEffect : Effect "kwin4_effect_wobblywindows" is not supported
    kwin(3009) KWin::EffectsHandlerImpl::loadEffect: EffectsHandler::loadEffect : Effect "kwin4_effect_startupfeedback" is not supported
    kwin(3009) KWin::EffectsHandlerImpl::loadEffect: EffectsHandler::loadEffect : Effect "kwin4_effect_lookingglass" is not supported
    kwin(3009) KWin::EffectsHandlerImpl::loadEffect: EffectsHandler::loadEffect : Effect "kwin4_effect_coverswitch" is not supported
    GPU at here:
    :~$ inxi -G
    Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Barts PRO [Radeon HD 6850]
    X.Org: 1.15.1 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
    GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BARTS GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.1.3
    Last edited by Rog132; Mar 10, 2015, 12:21 PM.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Just for the record, here is a link for information that I got.

Thank you for your tip. It appeared that the problem was caused by OpenGL that couldn't be initialised.

I changed it to XRender and now everything works fine.

Comment

Working...
      X