Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likewise-open not applying settings from /etc/skel.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likewise-open not applying settings from /etc/skel.

Dear Kubuntu lovers,

I've been using Kubuntu 14.04 LTS and likewise-open to join Microsoft's domain. It's being working fine together smb4k. The users of my domain has logging into the domain and mounting theirs network folders as expected.

I customized some configurations on a user and put them on /etc/skel. Those configurations has been applied to users created to access the machine without the domain. However, the users from my domain, which are using likewise-open are not getting the settings from /etc/skel.

May you help me?!
    Last edited by thiagoaderaldo; Jan 08, 2015, 03:56 PM.

Any changes made to the files in /etc/skel will apply only to new users created after you made the changes.

Comment

Dear SteveRiley.

I know! By first, I has had created a user. Customized its configurations. Put it on /etc/skel. And finally used likewise-open to join the domain. The domain users does not get the costumized user configuration from /etc/skel. However, a local user gets the user configuration from /etc/skel.

Comment

According to the Likewise documentation, this should be happening by default. You may need to contact BeyondTrust for support; I've not actually used Likewise in production anywhere so I can't comment on how local Linux accounts and Windows domain accounts are expected to interact with each other.

Comment

Steve,

I replaced lightdm to KDM. It works fine with Likewise-open and / or Power Broker Identity Services Open Edition (PBIS) which is the new version of Likewise-open.

Comment

Interesting. I would suggest that you file a bug against LightDM, then. I wouldn't have guessed that the display manager is responsible for this. Looks like Canonical left out certain functionality.

Comment

Working...
            X