This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to prevent usernames on login screen with light dm

Just upgraded to 14.04 from 12.04 and cannot eliminate user names from the login screen. (Using classic) Is there a way to make this happen? Apparently the problem has to do with Lightdm being the defautl window manager

Not sure if or how to do this, but if it can't be done using lightdm, you can always install and switch to the old kdm login manager.

Sent from my Verizon HTC Droid DNA smartphone running an early cyanogenmod 12 rom, with Android 5 Lollipop, via Tapatalk, as if phone stats really matter

Comment

Oops I didn't look very hard
      https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LightDM

Sent from my Verizon HTC Droid DNA smartphone running an early cyanogenmod 12 rom, with Android 5 Lollipop, via Tapatalk, as if phone stats really matter

Comment

The wiki says...
        If you want to disable this (you have too many users or security concerns) use the following configuration
        This comment demonstrates a misunderstanding of security. Hiding user names does not solve any security problem. User names are meant to be public identifiers. Furthermore, everyone who can log into the system can run cat /etc/passwd and see the list of user accounts. (Despite the name of this file, it doesn't actually contain passwords. Encrypted are stored in the file /etc/shadow which only root can access.)

Comment

Earlier...

Kubuntu Forums - [SOLVED] lightdm hide username after reboot: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...e-after-reboot

It is: 'How to edit the LightDM-KDE-Greeter classic theme to not show the last logged user'.
          Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
          - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Working...
          X