This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI Sound Output

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me set up HDMI sound, so that Kubuntu 14.04 works with my television?
    This used to work no problem, out of the box, with Ubuntu 14.04, but since the switch over to Kubuntu 14.04, I'm not sure how to get it to work.
    Your help will definitely be appreciated.

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...highlight=HDMI

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ght=hdmi+sound
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Oct 26, 2014, 02:25 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

right click the speaker icon in the system tray>click Audio set up>click the Audio hardware set up tab ,,,,,,,,,,,,, play with the settings wile audio should be playing through the HDMI until you hear it .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        right click the speaker icon in the system tray>click Audio set up>click the Audio hardware set up tab ,,,,,,,,,,,,, play with the settings wile audio should be playing through the HDMI until you hear it .

VINNY
        Thanks. I'm a Kubuntu n00b. Didn't think it was as simple as right-clicking on the volume button and playing around.

Comment

Originally posted by teejay17 View Post
          Thanks. I'm a Kubuntu n00b. Didn't think it was as simple as right-clicking on the volume button and playing around.
          so we can assume you got it working ??

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
            so we can assume you got it working ??

VINNY
            Yes, thanks. I'll mark the issue solved now. There's definitely a learning curve to KDE... not a bad thing in any way; thank goodness this forum is here.

Comment

Working...
            X