X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost my bing bong

Hello,

This seems a slightly daft post but here goes.

Upgraded from previous LTS 12.04 to 14.04. Everything is OK but I no longer get that little tune when everything has finished loading and initialising. It is not the end of the world and I have looked in every place I could think of, to see if I could turn it back on, but there did not seem to be anything obvious. Even trawled through the widget add ons. There is nothing wrong with the sound sytem etc e.g. Amarok plays just fine and I do get the odd plonk here and there when I do something.

Funny thing is, I miss it.

Cheers

Roy
    Last edited by theread; Oct 04, 2014, 12:21 PM. Reason: Solved

System Settings > Application and System Notifications

Inside there, Manage Notifications, and change Event Source to KDE Workspace.

Set a sound for Login.

Comment

Ha! I also noticed this (upon doing a fresh DVD install of 14.04). Feeling a bit daft loves company.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Does anyone really use a bing bong? I get better luck with a google bong.

Comment

Many thanks ronw, the times I looked at this section of settings and did not make the connection. All working OK now

Cheers

Roy

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            Does anyone really use a bing bong? I get better luck with a google bong.
            That was a truly awful "Dad joke"
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
              That was a truly awful "Dad joke"
              +1

Regards, John Little
              Regards, John Little

Comment

What, jealous that you don't live in a place where use of such paraphernalia is perfectly legal?

Comment

You can buy them here, it's not illegal until you put something wacky in it
                  samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X