X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows open always in a virtual screen at the right

Hi everybody, :-)

I have installed Kubuntu 14.04 32 & 64 bits on two computers (Acer TravelMate 432LC and Acer 5750G). The windows are all being open in an invisible screen placed at the right of the real screen. Therefore I can't do anything as I cannot reach the windows.
    Could someone help me?

It appears that your display is being interpreted as an HDMI. If you have a TV with an HDMI input plug it in so you can see what is happening on your TV. Then press Alt+F2 and in the command windows that appears at the top of the TV display enter "ksys". A drop down will appear and from hit you can select KSystem Settings. Go to the "Display and Monitor" Icon and on it select your computer display screen as the primary display, then click the "Apply" button.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks GreyGeek!
      Luckily, I can reach the windows by moving them with the arrows.
      When I write "ksys", I can only choose "system monitor" or "Ksystem Log". None of them offer me the possibility to click on an "display monitor" icon, or I*am not so clever.

Comment

Originally posted by nicrnicr View Post
        Thanks GreyGeek!
        Luckily, I can reach the windows by moving them with the arrows.
        When I write "ksys", I can only choose "system monitor" or "Ksystem Log". None of them offer me the possibility to click on an "display monitor" icon, or I*am not so clever.
        The problem is me. When I checked Alt+F2 with "Ksys" it didn't show System Settings. BUT, when I put in "sy" it did! Try that!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

you want the system settings .................................................. ..........

and what dose

Code:
          vinny@vinnys-HP-G62:~$[COLOR=#ff0000] xrandr --query[/COLOR]
          Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1366 x 768, maximum 32767 x 32767
          LVDS1 connected 1366x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 344mm x 194mm
             1366x768       59.6*+
             1360x768       59.8     60.0  
             1024x768       60.0  
             800x600        60.3     56.2  
             640x480        59.9  
          VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
          HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
          DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
          VIRTUAL1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
          tell

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you very much Grey Geek and Vinnywright!

After choosing "display and monitor", I could come to know that I have a LVDS1 screen by clicking on "Information". Thus I could remove the check mark in front of VGA. I hope this will stay.

Comment

Working...
            X