Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be worth deleting your systems tray and restarting a new one from scratch.
    On my system the icons in the system tray do not resize, so like your bottom screen shot, my initial guess would be a slightly different theme?

Comment

Okay, I've marked this as solved. No, I never did figure it out--I ended up reinstalling K and that fixed it.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

For future reference, it might have been that your plasma cache files were outdated (due to changes in the plasma networkmanagement widget, it uses a new icon file " plasma-networkmanagement2.svgz" which might not have been included in the cache).

To fix it, one would need to check that the icon file exists either in your own plasma theme or in the fallback "default" theme, then clear the plasma theme cache files /var/tmp/kdecache-<username>/plasma* and reload your theme.

Comment

Thanks for the info, kubicle. I didn't clear the plasma theme cache files, but I had made sure the icon existed. If this issue ever rears its ugly little head again, I'll try the cache thing!
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
          X