X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Could not create a python scriptengine for WidgetName"

Just installed Kubuntu 14.04.

When I tried to install plasma widgets they would give the following error "Could not create a python scriptengine for WidgetName".

The solution was to install python-scriptengine-python
    (sudo apt-get install python-scriptengine-python)

Figured I would mention this in case others are having the same problem.

------------
    PS. The move to having only Muon Discover appears a bad one to me. Muon discover is good for beginners. But previously intermediate users like myself could use the package manager to see with gui which packages are installed, what the versions are, and to install new ones. Now there is no intermediate option: only Muon discover for beginners, and commandline apt-get for advanced users. This means I have to know exactly what I am doing, and the exact name of packages that I want to install (as for how to check version numbers I have no idea). Could we please get back an intermediate option for package management?

Thanks! All help is useful to someone!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbanana View Post
      Could we please get back an intermediate option for package management?
      Install muon, it still exists.

Regards, John Little
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Synaptic is also in the repository!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

There are a few widgets that need this, as I discovered today. Thanks for the solution.
          Should this be reported somewhere, maybe it should be included by default

Comment

Working...
          X