This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnMoore View Post
    There are two other recurring problems I've had from about the same time. Both concern the plasma panel (mine's on the screen bottom), I use pager and have six desktops (shown 3x2). On every restart, pager is "offset" on the panel so that only the bottoms of the bottom three desktops display. The "workaround" for that is to remove pager from the panel and then reinstall it. Then everything's fine until the next reboot. Anybody know a configuration file that could be causing this?

The other problem is that if I add the "Folder" widget to the plasma panel, and select my own home folder, the display "stretches" each icon and title to about half of the screen height. If I set it to /home, then I get a normal display that lets me open my home directory with Dolphin, but the usability of the folder widget is lost, anybody know the config file for that?
    Would you start a new thread with these please? Your questions will likely be missed by many of our readers, especially since the subject line shows [SOLVED].

Comment

Originally posted by cdupree View Post
      Hi guys, I've got the same problem with my 14.04 desktop. I updated some packages that required a reboot, after which I couldn't log in. An additional complication was that I had just changed my password. But I have it written down and am sure I'm entering it correctly.

I tried the steps recommended here without success. I get into the root prompt, but I got an error when I entered the mount command as stated here. When I tried

Code:
      mount -rw -o remount /
      I got no error message. But I can't delete .Xauthority in my home directory. I think I remember encrypting my home folder; how does that affect things? I can't see the files normally in my ~, but there is a file called .encryptfs.

Any ideas? Thanks!
      Your problem is different. Please start a new thread, thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X