X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromium : Keyboard locked. Any idea?

Hello

I upgraded my laptop yesterday from Saucy (13.10) to (14.04)
    Now Chromium web browser is running but keyboard is not working (mouse is OK).
    Have you any idea to help me solving this issue?

NB : I had to solve one issue with keyboard because QWERTY was set up and my keybord is AZERTY (French ). New keyboard icone on menu barre knows only English(US)

I have the same problem - keyboard not working with chrome (English, Australian). No solution I'm afraid.

Comment

This just in from the kubuntu-devel forum, it appears that this issue is being caused by ibus:

[07:57] <jussi> ok, found the issue
      [07:58] <jussi> its ibus or whatever the little keyboard indicator thing is in the tray. clicked quit on that and it seems to now be working
      [07:58] <jussi> this thread had the answer: http://linuxforums.org.uk/index.php?...eg4bon5smjpep0
      cheers,
      bill
      sigpic
      A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello

I confirm the solution : I quit Ibus and then keyboard is OK
        I add the tag "solved" Hope this is the rule

Thanks
        Cheers : TuxMario

Comment

Greetings All:

I am a very new Kubuntu user and I experienced the same issue with Chromium and the keyboard. Quitting Ibus worked, not that I knew what Ibus was before I looked it up. However, you must quit Ibus everytime you restart the computer. Apparently Ibus restarts at every reboot of the PC.

Thank you, Dareman336.

Comment

Working...
          X