This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again codecs problems

Since about a day I'm again having codecs issues with mp4 in (s)mplayer, VLC works fine.
    Opening an mp4 in smplayer results in an error message, closing it keeps an smplayer process alive and I ended up with quite a few hogging memory.

I assume it has something to do with the replacement of ffmpeg by libav stuff.

Rog131's repo carries ffmpeg so I'll try to remove libav so far I can get the dependencies right for ffmpeg.

Since about a day I'm again having codecs issues with mp4 in (s)mplayer, VLC works fine.
    Opening an mp4 in smplayer results in an error message,...
    If you try directly with the MPlayer(2) - What is the mplayer status/error ?

Rog131's repo carries ffmpeg so I'll try to remove libav so far I can get the dependencies right for ffmpeg.
    Earlier: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post348032

My PPA is offering the FFmpeg installed side by side with the Libav. Applications are build either with the Libav or with the FFmpeg libraries...
    Only if you are willing to rebuild the mplayer(2) against the ffmpeg.
    Last edited by Rog132; Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 PM.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Thanks for the clarification re. your version of ffmpeg.
      I better be sure about the source of the problem before going the rebuild route

Anyhow, the error reported by mpeg is:
      /usr/bin/mplayer -noquiet -nofs -nomouseinput -lavdopts threads=4 -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo xv -ao alsa -nokeepaspect -nodr -double -input nodefault-bindings:conf=/dev/null -stop-xscreensaver -wid 67108965 -monitorpixelaspect 1 -ass -embeddedfonts -ass-line-spacing 0 -ass-font-scale 5 -ass-styles /home/teunis/.config/smplayer/styles.ass -font Arial -subfont-autoscale 0 -subfont-text-scale 20 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -vid 0 -aid 0 -subpos 100 -volume 100 -cache 2048 -ss 67 -osdlevel 0 -vf-add screenshot -noslices -channels 2 -af scaletempo,equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 -softvol -softvol-max 110 /home/teunis/Video's/Festo_-_BionicOpter_-_YouTube.mp4

Warning unknown option font_factor at line 2
      Warning unknown option font_text_scale at line 3
      Warning unknown option font_osd_scale at line 4
      Warning unknown option font_blur at line 5
      Warning unknown option font_outline at line 6
      Warning unknown option font_autoscale at line 7
      MPlayer2 2.0-701-gd4c5b7f-2ubuntu2 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team

Terminal type `unknown' is not defined.

Playing /home/teunis/Video's/Festo_-_BionicOpter_-_YouTube.mp4.

Cache size set to 2048 KiB

Cache fill: 0.00% (0 bytes)

Detected file format: QuickTime / MOV (libavformat)

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: demux_open

ID_SIGNAL=11
      - MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
      Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
      disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
      - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
      It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
      gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
      DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and
      won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.
      The problem is fairly recent, other players like Dragon will play the file and format which I now believe points more to mplayer than the codecs.

Comment

Working...
      X