Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For future reference, the utility rfkill can be used to manipulate the software state of most radio switches. Read the man page for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      For future reference, the utility rfkill can be used to manipulate the software state of most radio switches. Read the man page for more information.
      ya or list the state .........but it will not disable the switch ,,,,,,at least not @hear

I can use rfkill to turn the wifi on or off .......I can use it to turn it on if I have hit the switch ,,,,,,but the switch remains active .

so Yakuake gets a new hot key ,,,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Not meaning to jump right in to your conversation, but I wanted to relate a similar problem I had recently.
        I was given a PC that supposedly "didn't work", and found it was just the onboard video that was bad, and a PCI-e video card I had laying around solved this problem.
        I installed Kubuntu 13.04, as I had it readily available. The PC has a Ralink 3090 wireless setup, and 13.04 worked fine, which was surprising, as I had installed a few other distributions of linux before this, and with all these installs, the wireless would connect, then deactivate, and just keep doing this.
        Anyway, since I like Kubuntu so much, I decided to download 14.04 and install it,, but, I had the same problem I had with the other distros of linux. So, I wiped the drive and installed 13.04 again, and did an upgrade to 14.04. The wireless still works great.
        'Not sue why all the problems with this particular wireless setup, but the Kubuntu team got it right with 13.04.
        Murphy's Laws are always in play, and visit us at the most inopportune times.

Comment

Working...
        X