This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother Printer Problems

I have a Lenovo Z580 laptop which is currently running on kernel 3.13.0-79 generic. I use a Brother DCP-8025 laser printer. I don't do that much printing and in the past if I tried to print I often got an error message as follows :-

ERROR NAME;
    configurationerror
    COMMAND;
    setpage device
    OPERAND STACK;
    --dicttype--

When trying to print, the data light on the printer would flash normally and then spit out a page with the above message.

The printer is present on System Settings>Printers and showed up on lsusb. In the past, the problem was usually fixed by rebooting the computer with the printer attached and switched on and then it worked normally.

Can anyone explain the precise meaning of the above error message and indicate how to overcome this problem. Since I last successfully printed, the kernel has been upgraded several times via the standard Kubuntu upgrade procedures.

All replies gratefully received.

Sounds similar to this problem and hopefully remedy.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1039784

https://uwnthesis.wordpress.com/2013...-visual-guide/
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

My thanks to logan01, changing the driver seems to have fixed the problem. But experimenting with the old driver, I found that attaching the printer and then trying to print a page with graphic content gives the error message as described in my first post. If I first of all print a plain text page with no graphic content, this prints perfectly and if I then print a page with graphic content it prints perfectly graphics and all. Strange.

Comment

Working...
      X