This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

network problems

old nic failing, so I purchased a new one.
    Crest-Port-Ethernet-PCIe-SI-PEX24038 from amazon. Windows shows it as a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Works ok there.

Ubuntu does not see it at all. ifconfig -a shows only lo.
    After installing the card, wlan0 also disappeared. It is an Alfa AWUS036NH. Windows still sees and can use this as well.

What do I need to do to bring both of these back to life in ubuntu? Plan to use them to learn white hat hacking in hopes of landing a job. Going to be stuck at home for a few months due to chemo and radiation treatments and figured I should put the time to use learning something.

I will re-install if needed. I have all data on a ntfs partition and /home has its own partition as well.

Originally posted by vsreeser View Post
    old nic failing, so I purchased a new one.
    Crest-Port-Ethernet-PCIe-SI-PEX24038 from amazon. Windows shows it as a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Works ok there.

Ubuntu does not see it at all. ifconfig -a shows only lo.
    After installing the card, wlan0 also disappeared. It is an Alfa AWUS036NH. Windows still sees and can use this as well.

What do I need to do to bring both of these back to life in ubuntu? Plan to use them to learn white hat hacking in hopes of landing a job. Going to be stuck at home for a few months due to chemo and radiation treatments and figured I should put the time to use learning something.

I will re-install if needed. I have all data on a ntfs partition and /home has its own partition as well.
    The video driver is now not seeing the second monitor. Too many problems. Starting over

Comment

Working...
    X