Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't set the position of a second screen where I want [Display Configuration]

Hi everyone!

I'm having difficulties trying to set the position of my second screen using Display Configuration in Kubuntu 14.04. I have it running on a MacBook Air and the output of the lshw command tells me this about the graphic card:

-display
    description: VGA compatible controller
    product: 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
    vendor: Intel Corporation
    physical id: 2
    bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
    version: 09
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
    configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
    resources: irq:46 memory:a0000000-a03fffff memory:90000000-9fffffff ioport:2000(size=64)

My problem is that once I choose my desired display configuration (second screen on top of the main one) and press 'Apply' the second screen just vanishes, being the main laptop screen the only one on. If I plug the output video cable out and back in, the second screen comes back but only in the default position (right with respect to the main screen).

Any idea about what's going on here?

Thanks a lot in advance!

If you are running Plasma 5 (you posted in the 15.04 forum, but say you are using 14.04, so it isn't clear), you may want to give up on the System Settings module for now and just use xrandr commands.

The System Settings module hasn't worked for me yet in Plasma 5. I finally removed kscreen and qtgraphicaleffects5 (?) until they get sorted out.

Comment

Ooops Sorry I made a mistake with the subforum then.

I'm using 14.04 and the KDE version is 4.13.3 so I assume that I'm not running Plasma5, but I could not find the plasma version itself. I will take a look to these xrandr commands.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

$ xrandr --output xx --above xx
        did the trick! Solved. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X