This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get multitouch monitor working ?

Haven't a clue where to start. I have searched this forum but I am no further forward. Can anyone tell me the steps to get this AOC e22339FWT mutitouch monitor working on 14.04.

thanks

ps eventually got it working. I went into windows 8 fiddled with drivers and got it working there eventually. Then loaded kubuntu and worked a bit. I then found can't remember where the link advising editing /etc/default/grub line
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="elevator=deadline quiet splash" and add i8042.nopnp. Save this and sudo update-grub and restart. It works like a charm. Small thing no onscreen keyboard.
    Last edited by leonk5; Sep 09, 2014, 06:11 PM.

I dont have a touch screen so not sure .........but a quick google search found this , may/may not help

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touchscreen

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

If I had one I'd start with searching Google for:
      multi touch monitor linux
      It delivers a few hits but without having such a monitor I can't help you with the relevance of these hits...

Comment

touchscreen help

Hi I have an AOC touchscreen kinda working on 32 bit kubuntu 14.04. I believe it is a quanta touchscreen. I would like to set this up as a preschool eduational tool. I don't know much about configuration. I am trying to set up a child user with only a desktop with icons on it, no menu etc.

I got it going by inserting 18042.nopnp in grub which i acidentally found. I also tried calibration and entered result in ​/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf but this did not seem to do anything. Everything is running not bad but quite often I don't get any response other than a popup message when I touch the menu button or other buttons in the panel. Also nothing happens when I touch on the shortcut icons on the desktop. If I use alt+f1 or mouse i can get the menu and touch works from there. However the icons have no response with touch but work with mouse.

Can anyone help please?

Comment

I'm afraid because of some kind of bug where often there was no response when touching k menu and panel icons, also same for desktop icons, I moved to linux mint cinnamon. So far experience is positive and the touch screen is working fine from install.

Comment

I'm afraid because of some kind of bug where often there was no response when touching k menu and panel icons, also same for desktop icons, I moved to linux mint cinnamon. So far experience is positive and the touch screen is working fine from install.

Comment

I am still looking for info on configuring touchscreens. I have trawled the net for 3 weeks now and still I have not found proper up to date instructions anywhere. I am not stupid but also not a linux guru but most of the info is out of date or way too technical. I am getting frustrated. The quanta multi touchscreen works but really only one gesture like left clicking a mouse. How can I get other gestures to work e.g swipe, right click menu, 2 3 finger. I came across some info on ginn. Is this what I need?

Comment

I am still looking for info on configuring touchscreens. I have trawled the net for 3 weeks now and still I have not found proper up to date instructions anywhere. I am not stupid but also not a linux guru but most of the info is out of date or way too technical. I am getting frustrated. The quanta multi touchscreen works but really only one gesture like left clicking a mouse. How can I get other gestures to work e.g swipe, right click menu, 2 3 finger. I came across some info on ginn. Is this what I need?

Also can I remove solved from this because it really is not fully solved.
                Last edited by leonk5; Sep 22, 2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Multi touch monitor

I have been trawling the internet and various forums trying to find out how to get an installation and configuration manual or instructions on how to set up and use a multi touch monitor in linux. You would think that would be easy. However it is not and after 3 weeks I am dumbfounded that I can't get it. In this day and age new users want plug and play but failing that a set of easy to follow instructions. I am using kde and the monitor is a multi touch 23" quanta based. The monitor touchscreen works after I fiddled with grub to get it going. However it has only one gesture basically that of left click mouse. I would like to get info on how to configure the monitor's multitouch capabilities, gestures ie swipe, right click, 2, 3 finger gestures and so on. I have come across some info about touchegg, ginn and in kernel support for multitouch but I am still unclear what to do.

I have also posted in another thread in this forum but have had no satisfactory reply yet.

Comment

I am having some success with gestures by trying ginn, touchegg and easystroke. Ginn and touchegg seem to give bother sometimes tapping menu or desktop icons don't work and the config files are difficult to configure. Also can't find a gui for them. However easystroke has a gui and is easy to configure although designed I think for mouse gestures but works nicely with touchscreen. It is hard finding information on any of this. Any newbie well forget about it. I am disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                    X