Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toshiba Satellite P855-S5102 Synaptic TouchPad not working..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite P855-S5102 Synaptic TouchPad not working..

hello, as the title states my touchpad is non responsive to my touches although it shows as active in synaptiks and in the terminal..

i was using mint a short while back and made a post on their forums on the same issue (included is steps I've tried to avoid repeating it all here if someone feels like reading through it). i've tried everything mentioned there with the members' help + what i could find searching all to no avail.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=164041

i've been using kubuntu for a few weeks now and i was hoping maybe someone could shed some new insight. i am actually in the process of doing a fresh install with 14.04. so i can't provide any screenshots for probably the next hour but i feel that the issue might still be there (if not i will definitely edit this post).

also i was wondering is there a way to integrate the windows synaptic drivers to kubuntu and what could be a primary cause for it to be detected but not working (i know the latter might go hand in hand with a solution but i'm mainly curious)?

thanks in advanced!

Did you already install kde-touchpad and try it's settings?

Does computer have a hotkey combination to toggle the touchpad and have you tried it?

I can't see any use in the windows drivers, have you googled on the subject (linux p855-s5102 touchpad drivers)
    If such a thing were possible it would potentially show up in System Settings / Driver Manager.

I had a Tecra where I could disable the touchpad (I hate touchpads with a passion!) with the following command:
    Code:
    xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Device Enabled" 0
    Changing the 0 to a 1 would switch the blasted thing on.

Comment

thanks for the reply teunis

yes kde-touchpad is already installed and yes to trying the settings.

tried hotkeys (even assigned my own).

i'm currently searching now with the more efficient search suggestion you just gave (so far i'm only finding issues windows related besides my own threads).

i've also tried the xinput code. even turned it off and on via the code and it registered my actions in the input devices->touchpad area.

i do appreciate the help and feedback (i'm not trying to sound rude), but a majority of it was already mentioned in the link i gave. i don't expect people to read it lol but i was hoping to avoid multiplying the same questions/answers for myself, the helpers, and those who might end up searching like i am (i still do appreciate it nontheless).

Comment

Working...
      X