Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to install proprietary nForce2 integrated graphics driver?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install proprietary nForce2 integrated graphics driver?

Specs: Asus a7n8x vm 400 with integrated Nvidia nforce2 graphics, 2500 Athlon Barton, 2x 512MB pc3200 DDR RAM desktop.

Of the 20+ distros I've tried Kubuntu 14.04 LTS desktop i386 is the only distro that had full functionality after a live session and install.

Solving the video twitching is bothersome. It's like small horizontal dashes flickering on & off. And every once in a while (rare) the video blinks on & off quickly.

Graphics Driver now shows as X-Server version number 11.0, vender release number 11,501,000.

I want to install proprietary nForce2 integrated graphics driver. Hoping that will fix my video & stop the dashes & blinking.

So how do I install the proprietary nForce2 integrated graphics driver? I've looked & searched.

Look for and open System Settings (see Favorites on the app launcher on the left end of the panel [taskbar]). The Driver Manager icon is located on the bottom row. Give it time to determine your graphics driver needs, then select the Recommended Driver and follow the prompts.
    Linux User #454271

Comment

Driver Manager says collecting information about your system. The dots go around in a circle for a couple minutes. Then the dots disappear & nothing, no output no verbiage nothing.

Comment

I was hoping this would be an easy answer. I'm afraid I'll have to leave your question to a more experienced user. Hang in there. Someone else will pipe in for sure.
        Linux User #454271

Comment

From looking at the motherboard specs, this one is from circa 2003-2005, with a GeForce4 MX on-board video. As such, there will be no proprietary driver from Nvidia for this. The last linux driver version that supported this was the 96-series, and they have not been available since 12.04 or 12.10. You will have to use the stock Nouveau driver, there may be some xorg tweaks to help with your problems but it will take some research

Comment

Unfortunately I could find no good resolution (hah!) for this problem

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nouv...m=121&ie=UTF-8

Comment

This tower & hardware worked perfect on PCLOS in 2002. lol. I hate to see it crippled. So I'm still hoping for a solution.

Comment

Working...
              X