This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No visible networks in Ubuntu 14.04

I've been running Kubuntu 14.04 for a while now with no issues. However, I wanted to try the beta2 version of Ubuntu, just to have a peek. When running from a live USB stick, I get no visible wifi access points. I tried to manually configure my connection and seem to get a connection. However, the network is not the usual wireless icon, but is a shape of a computer with a small wireless icon in the middle. Even though it says I am connected to my router, I get no internet access. Is there something different in Ubuntu vs Kubuntu. Google searches gave no clues to me.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

As far as I know there is not much difference between the Unity/Gnome network manager and the one in KDE.
    Looking at the icon in my system tray I see a little dot with above it 2 or three ~30 degree curved lines showing the signal strength.
    Clicking on it shows a list of available WIFI networks, right-clicking brings up a menu for network management.

You say you do get connected to your router, does this mean you can ping it or maybe even access it's interface?
    How far does the mtr command get, like
    Code:
    mtr google.com
    ?

Comment

I downloaded the Kubuntu beta2 ISO and wrote that to my USB drive. I had no issues with seeing my network. I wanted to see if there was an issue specific to beta2. I re-wrote the Ubuntu beta2 ISO to the same thumbdrive and retried. This time no issues! Maybe, there was an issue with first write to the thumbdrive.

Thanks for replying though!

-Paul

Comment

Working...
      X