This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound suddenly gone

Yesterday's updates were fine and i could listen to VLC or spotify just fine.

Updated my machine just now and no more sound after boot. I am not sure what info i should hand off for this to be honest, so if i need to get something to the devs lemme know

Machine info:
    Dell Latitude E6520
    Quad core
    8GB ram
    onboard nVidia NVS 4200 video
    Using the nVidia binary driver version 331.38 through driver management

Okay, i think it is a driver problem, or at least a installation of the driver.

I used the driver manager to start using the nVidia-331-updates driver instead of the normal one. After a reboot, it works again. Except, the driver manager tells me that i am using the normal nvidia-331 driver. It could mean that the updates and normal driver are the same and that a reinstall of it fixed it. I cannot say if that is the case based on the info through driver manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzek View Post
      Okay, i think it is a driver problem, or at least a installation of the driver.

I used the driver manager to start using the nVidia-331-updates driver instead of the normal one. After a reboot, it works again. Except, the driver manager tells me that i am using the normal nvidia-331 driver. It could mean that the updates and normal driver are the same and that a reinstall of it fixed it. I cannot say if that is the case based on the info through driver manager.
      I also lost sound after the updates yesterday, but I have an intel system.

Comment

Originally posted by garyyoung View Post
        I also lost sound after the updates yesterday, but I have an intel system.
        Which means it is a totally different problem, make a new post as noone will read this post since i marked it solved (which it is). Unless reinstall of a certain driver fixed it for you as well, but please elaborate on that, which driver did you install and how?

Comment

I've lost sound too and I also use an Intel system.

Edit: I have my sound back after rebooting.
          Last edited by geoaraujo; Apr 09, 2014, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X