X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kwallet crashing a lot

Hi

Is anyone else seeing frequent crashes of kwallet in Trusty?

I've logged a crash/bug report with bugs.kde.org already, I'm just wondering if it's just me seeing the problem here.

cheers
    --
    Intocabile

Same here. Crashes right after startup.

Comment

I get a msg on ever login about an app trying to access kwallet excessively. After that it runs fine for me.

Comment

I wonder if it's KDE-PIM then, if it's screwing up on login.

I see kwallet crashing mostly on closing kmail or signing in to any websites.

Still marked as unconfirmed on bugs.kde.org - next time you get one, please feel free to attach the crash report to https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332778
        --
        Intocabile

Comment

No problem here.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I just rebooted and am no longer getting the error msg on login, and no crashes so far.

But I am building kdepim from src (4.13 branch). Just did a fresh build before reboot.

Comment

I was getting the crash messages also, but it stopped after the last updates (SC 4.13).
              sigpic

Comment

One of the KDE people came back to me and said that from the backtrace it looks like Oxygen theme is the cause.

Even if the crash is for kwalletd, I think the problem is with Oxygen
                decorations which are probably broken on your system. Try reinstalling them. If
                that continues, I suggest filing a bug report with kubuntu.

More information: kwalletd receives an open request, then it triggers a
                notification that in turn want to display that small pop-up on the bottom of
                the screen. That small pop-up causes the crash, AFAICT from the backtrace.
                Thing is, I have the tray icon disabled and shouldn't be seeing notifications of any kind.
                --
                Intocabile

Comment

Hi,

kmail imap agent is broken and it is messing with kwallet.
                  Every kmail startup is asking for the imap password that is already stored in kwallet.

KDE PIM is terribly broken afaik. I've been using my Android phone to reply to emails since i don't want to install thunderbird

regards.

EDIT

Even if the crash is for kwalletd, I think the problem is with Oxygen
                  decorations which are probably broken on your system. Try reinstalling them. If
                  that continues, I suggest filing a bug report with kubuntu.
                  After reinstalling all oxygen stuff kwallet isn't crashing anymore and kmail is working nicely, but if i open kontact i can't send emails while it's sending in kmail. Also after opening kontact i can't send any emails with kmail until logout and login.

Regards
                  Last edited by hteles; Mar 31, 2014, 08:00 AM.
                  Distributor ID: Ubuntu
                  Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
                  Release: 14.04
                  Codename: trusty

Comment

as it turned out I was still getting kwallet crashs on loging & logout. I tried:

Code:
                    sudo apt-get install --reinstall kde-style-oxygen oxygen-icon-theme-complete
                    and that does seem to have fixed the problem.

Comment

I spoke too soon. kwallet crashed again when I launched kmail.

I'll try this and see if it fixes it for me.
                      Code:
                      sigpic

Comment

I see this on a regular basis and also kwalletd gobbling up 25% CPU.
                        Could be connected to KDE-PIM, I am using latest 4.13 beta release

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw View Post
                          as it turned out I was still getting kwallet crashs on loging & logout. I tried:

Code:
                          and that does seem to have fixed the problem.
                          This did the trick. I'm no longer getting kwallet crashes. There are no issues sending or receiving mail.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X